Friday, April 24, 2009

The Laptop

My husband needed a laptop for school. I heard this many, many, many times. This was my year to choose how we spent the tax refund money. I decided to be sneaky and buy him a new laptop. I ordered one from Dell and the lead time was three weeks. In the meantime, he was dead-set on finding one. I finally decided to tell him about it but I wanted some element of surprise. So, I made a laptop out of cardboard and hid the receipt in it. He picked me up for a lunch date and we went to Logan's. As soon as we got there, he went to the restroom and I put it on the table (I have a REALLY big purse). At first glance, he thought the waitress had forgotten to clean off the table! I told him to open it and as he did, I told him I knew he really wanted a laptop but that was the best I could do right now. The rest went down like this:


Joseph: Awe, thanks babe!

Me: Why don't you read that paper stuck in there?

Me: Do you know what that is?

Joseph: It is the details of a laptop.

Me: Not just any laptop...YOUR laptop!!!

He was so excited that he truly did not know what to say. And that my friend, does not happen very often!


The actual computer came in on Tuesday...




I love him so much!!!


1 comment:

Joseph said...

You are the best. It is going to good use!!