Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Haiti

After hearing the news about the aftershock in Haiti this morning, I got online to get more information. I came across pictures of some children from the Love A Child orphanage in Port-au-Prince. I had this overwhelming need to scoop up each child and love on them. I want to kiss those sweet cheeks and wipe away tears. At one point, I had to reach up and touch their pictures on my computer screen while praying for them. I have heard others saying some of the same things but it wasn't until I saw those faces, that I truly understood. My husband and I moved this past weekend and I have been so busy that I haven't even watched the news. I have been keeping up with some of the stories online and through blogs. But this morning...the severity truly hit me. I want to do something. I want to help. I know that I cannot jump on plane and bring them all home so I will continue to PRAY and I am going to go the Compassion International (https://www.compassion.com/contribution/giving/disasterrelief.htm?referer=105120SocialSponsorshipBlitz) site and give a donation.

Keep praying for Haiti!!!

No comments: