Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Last night the hubby and I rang in the new year by packing our apartment. We were so tired that we were in the bed a few minutes before midnight. When the clock struck 12, we said happy new year, shared a smooch and went to bed! Exciting, I know.

What is exciting is that we will be moving into our new house one week from tomorrow! We have been so incredibly blessed! Not only with a new home but with friends who selflessly have helped us(some who we truly could not have done this without)! A HUGE thank you goes out to them and no matter how many times I say it, it will never be enough. We love each and every person that lended a hand and we pray that you will be blessed in return!

Joseph had to work a few hours today and I am home cooking and packing (as soon as I finish this post). I am very excited about our New Year's Day feast! This is the first year that I have actually cooked. We usually eat with others or once I just warmed up some canned peas and greens. Today I am going all out (for my standards).

The Menu:

Black Eyed Peas (seasoned with ham)
Greens
Potatoes & Onions
Ham
Corn Bread
BBQ Weenies (not sure why other than they were on sale and my man likes them)

It is starting to smell REALLY good in here!

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: