Thursday, April 8, 2010

17 Weeks!

WOW! I cannot believe I am already 17 weeks pregnant! I had totally planned on posting pictures last week but came down with a nasty cold. The days I was home from work were filled with coughing, sneezing, napping and watching television. Getting up from the couch would have taken WAY too much energy. Since I actually thought about a belly picture today, I took one of myself in the bathroom at work. Please excuse the toilet stalls in the background! :)




There have been several times that I "thought" I felt the baby move. Yesterday, while sitting at my desk, a little movement in my tummy stopped me in my tracks! I can now say that I did feel the baby move!!! It happened again after a 3 am bathroom trip! It was wonderful and a little strange. I loved it and look forward to more movement.

At this point, I still haven't had a lot of cravings. If I crave something, it is usually something cold and slushy (i.e. an icee or fruit slush). If this continues, the employees at Chevron and Sonic will know me by name! I am trying to limit the icees since they have caffeine but I do allow myself one occasionally.

Another blogger was talking about pregnancy brain in a recent post. I thought I would share this story before I forget. LOL! Over the weekend, I got a much needed pedicure. After he was finished and sat me at the dryer, I pulled out my wallet and tipped him. I then stuck my wallet back into my purse and waited for my toes to dry. Once I was dry, I gathered my belongings and walked my happy self right out the door without paying! Eventually, he did catch me. Since his English wasn't very good, he just looked at me and smiled. I stood there wondering what in the world I had forgotten and then "the light came on" and I started apologizing and paid the man! Seriously, oh my word! Last week, I also stopped for some candy, paid for it and walked out without it! I am praying that I will get these brain cells back!

Have a great day!

No comments: