Friday, April 23, 2010

Weekend Part 2

After the birthday party on Saturday, I stopped at the grocery store and then headed home. I took a quick nap because I can't seem to "go" as long as I could before getting pregnant. Then I started packing and cooking a few dishes that I was taking to Joseph's cousin's shower on Sunday. When he got home from work, we packed the car and headed to his aunt and uncle's house to spend the night. We wanted to be there early to help Angel get to the location and set up the room and food.
Bright and early on Sunday morning we got everything together and headed to Tannihill Historical State Park. They rented an old school house to have the shower in and it was perfect!





This room was across the corridor from the main room. It was later set up with all the gifts. As I walked through there, I imagined the boys and girls sitting in those little desks and how different things were 100 years ago.


Asha and Chase - The Happy Couple



Joseph (my hubby) and Aunt Sandy



Asha and Angel looking cute!



Desserts. Need I say more?



At one point, I found myself alone with the food before the party begin. As I arranged the platters, I may have been sampling everything. This is probably the only time in my life I could have gotten away with it! Ha!


They had a great turn out! The food was delicious! Trade days was also going on across the park. They have vendors selling tons of homemade items as well as plants, flowers, tools, and other consignment items. After we walked around for a while (surprisingly, I did not buy one thing), we took the kiddie train back to the other side of the park. I was exhausted and my back was killing me. We said our goodbyes (but not before getting another plate) and headed home. My sweet husband ran me a bath and unloaded the car. After soaking in the tub, I climbed in bed at 8:30. It was a long but wonderful weekend!


























No comments: